Saturday, April 9, 2016
Welcome to the 8th Annual Canine Walk for Cops!!
This event will take place rain or shine.
All participants will need to sign a Waiver at check-in to participate.
Bring your 4-legged furry family members and join us for a one-mile morning stroll through Brandi Fenton Memorial Park and along the Rillito River. Canine Walk for Cops benefits the Tucson Police Foundation and the Tucson Police Department K9 Unit. The $20 registration fee covers one walker and one doggie and includes a goodie bag, one raffle ticket and an event souvenir for each registered doggie. Each additional doggie is just $10. You can purchase additional raffle tickets for just $2 each or 3 for $5. This is a fun-filled morning, leading off with the one-mile walk at 8am. After the walk is completed, grab a spot on the grass and watch an exciting TPD K9 demonstration. You can even participate in the demonstration if you’re brave enough to place the ‘bite sleeve’ on your arm! Following the K9 demonstration we will conduct contests for the doggies, complete with awards! Don’t wait – this event is limited to the first 200 registrants!
- Check-in begins at 7:30 am
- Walk starts at 8:00 am
- Walk through park and along river
- TPD K9 Unit demonstration
- Doggie Contests & Awards
- 7:30—8:00 am, Check-in
- 8:00—8:30 am, Canine Walk
- 8:30—8:45 am, Check Raffle Board
- 8:45 am—9:00 am, Visit with Vendors
- 9:00—9:30 am, TPD K9 Demonstration
- 9:30—10:00 am, Doggie Contests & Awards
- All shots must be up-to-date
- All dogs must be on a leash
- No dogs in heat
- No aggressive dogs
- Dogs must be at least 6 months old
- Dog walkers must be at least 18 years old
- Walkers must clean up after their dogs